Algol, The Demon Star

“You will not be able to ignore suffering and horror, or brush it aside… The Algol placement on a chart insists upon a confrontation and assimilation of these harsh aspects of human experience in this lifetime.….Algol, like other stars, confers tasks upon us which, if comprehended and accepted, offer great rewards of power and creativity. These stellar challenges are not to be feared, but understood and used in a positive manner.” -Diana Rosenberg

Arabic commanders-in-chief, in times of conquest, made it a point that no important battles were begun when the light of Algol was weak.” -Dr. Lomer

Algol is a three-star system known as the Demon Star, and it is regarded as the most inauspicious star in astrology. It corresponds to transformation, the creation of monsters, black magick, death, and violence.

Algol is the first eclipsing binary that we discovered, and its eclipse creates the illusion that the star is changing colors. Algol also includes a third star encircling the binary.

Algol is part of a constellation called Perseus, which depicts a man holding Medusa's head. In oriental astrology, it's part of a constellation called Da Ling [Mausoleum].

Algol can be called upon to make the witch bold and magnanimous and redirect hexes cast upon her. It can be called upon to increase the witch's magickal powers in general, for it is an auspicious star to those of the Left Hand.

Algol rules diamond, black hellebore and mugwort. Mugwort can be mixed with tobacco by those who roll their own cigerrettes. Vibrate the names of Algol over the cig with the intent of strengthening your magickal, psychic, or wampyric powers.

For the black magickian, calling upon the power of Algol always has an evolutionary effect. A causal location can be saturated with the energies of Algol, causing its inhabitants, corporeal or incorporeal, to gradually attain a darker nature. Animals and people in the area will gradually become cruel. The star's influence will be a burden upon the uninitiated, but it will be a source of pleasure to one experienced in the dark arts.

Algol is associated with rain and snow. Its astrological influence is like Saturn mixed with some other planet, be it with Mars, Uranus, or Pluto depending upon the author, perhaps with all three in a lesser degree. It is strongly associated with violence, as well as death and decapitation. It corresponds to black magick, black magickal enantiodromia [alchemical transformation], mutation, enlightenment, and plastic surgery. It is one of the Behenian stars, and is thus particularly useful in sorcery.

Names of Algol

Beta Persei, Beta Per, Beta Perseus: (The Second Star of Perseus)

Rosh ha Shaitan: Head of Shaitan

Caput Larvae: Head of the Spectre

Caput Medusae: Head of Medusa

Caput Algol; Ra's al Ghul; Caput Algol: Head of the Ghul

Ri'B al Ohill: Head of the Demon

Tseih She; Die Shi: Piled up Corpses

Al Ghtil; Algol: the Ghoul

Da Ling Wu: (the Fifth Star of Da Ling)

Oh, and the Hebrews named it Lilith after the Empress of the Black Moon.

Comments

  1. Amazing post, but I'm wondering couldn't I just meditate and focus on what it is that I desire and chant Algol?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done that to increase my spiritual power, but I'm not sure whether or not that would be helpful, for example, in getting a job. Try it yourself and see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, thanks, I was also wondering if we could chat some more, by this I mean sharing or talking about our experiences I'm looking for people who are on the same or similar path as me. I just cannot stand the nonsense of this world if you know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright. My Facebook account is named V.K. Jehannnum & you can hit me up there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, I sent you a friend request and a message.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just did my first calling of the powers of Algol, I LOVE IT, I feel AWESOME. I don't know how I neglected calling onto it for as long as I have, everything I've done in the past now feels like it was missing something in hindsight. I very very well may start calling upon its energies in EVERY rite I do from now on! ~Austin

    ReplyDelete
  7. https://vkjehannum.wordpress.com/2017/11/02/the-goetic-ritual-of-caput-algol/ ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. […] about Algol as a constellation, feel free to check out VK Jehannum’s really informative post about Algol as a constellation. I don’t really see the point in elaborating too much about […]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am Leaving the Order of the Nine Angles

The Ten Spheres of the Qliphoth

Introduction to Qliphothic Self-Initiation